The house on Norrängen was built 1920 by Oscar Brodén and has been inhabited by several people, including the famous singer Thory Bernhads. When Norrängen was built it could stylistically be attributed to national romanticism and has a clear connection with other villas built during the same period in Broddbo station village. During this time the façade was dressed with “fasspontpanel” and painted with light oil paint. The tall windows were painted white while the roof was covered with the very unusual three-hollowed tiles. On the south side was the main entrance which also had a balcony equipped veranda with carved pillar and leaf details.
1947 there was a major modernization since the exterior was changed. With the help of spirits plasters reef was facades and the windows were repainted in dark color. The veranda with its carved pillars and leaf details was replaced with concrete columns. The veranda on the second floor got equipped with wrought iron railing. On later years the three-hollowed tiles on the south side has been swapped to glazed tiles. The roof on the northern side was replaced by trapezoidal corrugated black plate. ´The modernization that occurred 1947 and later has left their mark on the interior. Inside, the original floor plan is still existing and even some of the original fixtures and fittings.
In the north-western gable room you will find an interesting detail that was added in 1947. This is the iron pour which is entombed in hives over the fireplace. The appliance has a cast image picturing St. Georges fight against the dragon. There is a similar picture cast in the collection at the country museum in Hedensberg which is donated by Count Hamilton. These rocks were actually meant to serve as gable tops on iron furnaces, a kind of fireplace thing most, most commonly occurred in Skåne and Blekinge in 1600- to mid- 1800s. In Västmanland it never became as popular. In the Culture yearbook in 1963 (Lund 1964), one can find a similar iron furnace whose gable pour similar to the one in the house at Norrängen. This oven is manufactured in the early 1800s at Huseby bruk in Småland.
The village Broddbo is a very interesting village looking from a historical point of ciew and ther ancesty extends 6000 years back in time. At the high ridge that runs through the society Stone Age people apparently had a rich and grateful place to live. The ridge is a continuation of Badelundaåsen. It seems like the lakes on both sides of the high ridge has been very good fishing lakes. On the western side of the ridge, Oscar Brodén found stone axes which is said to be over 6000 years old. Oscar Brodén himself also found more than 30 pieces of grain axes and a treasure Limhamn Flintstone. It is conceivable that there are more potential bargains preserved at the bottom of Rudtjänstmossen. On the western side, it may also be possible that the ancestors had a more lively settlement. Oscar’s collection was first placed on his farm in Broddbo but in recent years the collection was moved to Sala Antiquarian in Stureparken in Sala.
The society Broddbo emerged since the railway came to. Before the railways existence the village almost exclusively subsisted at the inn, which was located in the center of Broddbo village. The inn could hold up to 25 horses and offered food and accommodation for passers who took the high road through Broddbo society towards Stockholm-Västerås Falun. To Falun, salt, herring and schnapps was shipped. Brought back from Falun was ore products and tar. But it was not only individual and businesses that passed by Broddbo. The mail service also passed by Broddbo. The inn, however, was closed down and the farmers began to spend their time managing on their farms which brought with them the current structure of today’s society. The village Broddbo was for many years equipped with a country store, a school, post office and an active church. Nowadays, you will find farm shops with unique items and the still the villagers arranges events, trips and competitions and celebrates festivals in the community center.